St. Luke A.M.E. Church was organized November 9, 1924, by Rev. F. W. Harris in the home of Brother and Sister Kiefer Patterson.
Former Stewards and Trustees that served on the Boards at St. Luke were, K. Patterson, J. Davis, J. Smith, H. Kersey, J. Ware, C. Powell, G. Blount, O. Powell, and E. Patterson. Some of these dedicated members served on both boards. The first president of our Missionary Society was Sister Ollie E. Powell. Brother H, Kersey served as the first president of the Senior Choir. Sister B. Kersey was the pianist; Brother K. Patterson was the first Superintendent of the Sunday school.
“God Our Father, Christ Our Redeemer, the Holy Spirit Our Comforter, Humankind Our Family”
The Mission of the AME Church is to minister to the social, spiritual, and physical development of all people.
The ultimate purpose
1. Make available God’s biblical principles
2. Spread Christ’s liberating gospel
3. Provide continuing programs which will enhance the entire social development of all people.
St. Luke has served the community of Roseville, MI. for 93 years, as a safe haven for those seeking Gods Love, and Fellowship.